If you are in search of a respectable jurisdiction where you can set up a company without too much effort or waiting, consider Portugal. You will have a European company to add status to your business and take advantage of the numerous advantages that Portugal gives to non-resident entrepreneurs in an attempt to attract more foreign capital. We propose to combine a company in Portugal with a bank account in Macedonia to diversify risks and take advantage of the excellent services offered by Macedonia’s best financial institution.
Welcome to our portal where you can read a lot of articles on various aspects of international business and banking written by practical specialists who solve business-related problems on a daily basis. In particular, pay attention to our guide to setting up a Portugal company and follow many other related links you will find to get an overall picture and collect as much information as you need to make a well-informed decision.
However, if you are too busy to spend a considerable amount of time on reading or self-education, you can simply book a session with our expert. We help entrepreneurs set up companies and open bank accounts in foreign countries without much hassle on their part: we will only need the documents executed in accordance with our recommendations. You can fully devote yourself to your business aspirations, while we will take care of all the administrative procedures for you!
Why Choose Portugal for Your Undertaking?
Portugal is not the first country that comes to your mind when we talk about setting up a company. Why do we offer it then? The matter is that new times call for new approaches, and Portugal fits perfectly well – let’s see why it is so:
- Portugal offers affordable company establishment costs if we compare it to other European countries.
- You will not have to wait for long: a fully operational company will be yours within 10 days from the date you submit a full package of documents.
- If you start your business in Portugal, you will be able to apply for a residence permit for you and your family (it will be even easier if you buy real estate in the country).
- Portugal is creating attractive conditions for highly qualified professionals (especially fintech and hi-tech ones) who want to relocate.
- The Portuguese tax system is quite transparent, and rates are absolutely reasonable if compared to the rest of Europe.
- As you will need an office, you may be relieved to find out that the rent is affordable.
We can set up a Portuguese company for you remotely. However, if you want to have a bank account with a Portuguese bank, you cannot do without a visit to the country. With that in mind, we offer our customers to open a corporate bank account for your Portuguese business in Macedonia. The level of services is comparable, but the whole thing can be done online, which may be a tangible advantage to some of you.
Company in Portugal: Basic Facts
There are some things you will need to do to establish a company in Portugal:
- Execute the Articles of Association, the main document that contains the information about the company and its management. We can help you compile it if you need to.
- There are no limits to the authorized capital of a Portuguese company, so you can start with 1 euro if you want.
- You will need at least one member to incorporate a company.
- In Portugal, you are allowed to pick a name for your company that has been registered, so there is no need to search for a unique one. However, if you want the name to be original and one-of-a-kind, be prepared to wait for 2 weeks to complete all the formalities and pay associated fees.
- The next step you will have to take is to create a business account to contribute to the company’s authorized fund.
- As soon as all the documents are ready and checked by our experts, they can be submitted to the Register, and your company will be registered as a legal entity and as a taxpayer.
Local Tax Agent
You will be required to obtain a tax identification number (Tax ID) to be registered as a company owner in Portugal. Take two steps to do it:
- Pay a relevant fee
- Get a Portuguese official to be your tax agent (this is a mandatory procedure)
If you decide to use our services (just click on the link above), we will provide a tax agent to you within our turnkey service package. Otherwise, you are free to engage any other authorized resident of Portugal to perform this role.
Company Registration Components
If you want to obtain professional assistance in Portuguese company incorporation, we will be happy to do the following for you as part of our package and thus spare you the effort:
- Actually incorporate the company
- Pay all related commissions and fees
- Prepare a package of company documents
- Receive a Tax ID for your business
- Register your company with Portuguese social security authorities
- Obtain an access code to the local Certificate of Good Standing (referred to as the Permanent Commercial Registration Certificate) and receive an e-card for it
- Get a Tax ID for the business owner (an individual)
- Provide the services of a tax agent (for 3 months)
- An agreement on accounting services provision valid for 3 months
- A legal address for three months and a family office service package
- Open a corporate account for your business if you don’t have one or the existing one does not satisfy your requirements
If you want to deal with your business plans and counterparties rather than all of the administrative steps above, feel free to reach our experts by following the above link and delegate all these steps to us.
Portugal is a very promising destination for those who want to live and work in a European country, so you can take the opportunity. If you fulfill certain conditions, you will be able to get a Golden Visa and later obtain an EU passport. Sounds interesting? Please get in touch with us – at least to obtain answers to all the questions you may have. We are just a click away!