A seemingly small town with a rich history welcomes visitors with its authenticity and originality. Situated at an altitude of 2,900 meters above sea level, it offers many activities and experiences regardless of the season.
Surprisingly, this town has not been artificially created like many sports resorts. The proof is in the generations of people who live here.
To feel the spirit of history, take a walk down the Main street. No matter what your goals may be – just a stroll, a visit to a delicious local restaurant or pub, or you just want to go shopping – you can do it all here.
Of course, in the winter, Breckenridge transforms into a popular ski resort where everyone from beginners to pros will find their favorite run.
There are also plenty of winter activities for children and adults:
- Relax at a spa: Breckenridge has several spas that offer massages, facials, and other treatments to help you unwind and rejuvenate.
- Cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and other winter activities on more than 1,400 acres of groomed trails.
- Ice Skating: Enjoy ice skating all year round! Children and adults can skate with their own skates. The ice stadium provides skates.
- Snowmobiling: Explore the snowy backcountry on a guided snowmobile tour.
- Dog Sledding: Experience the thrill of dog sledding and let a team of huskies pull you through the winter wonderland.
- Après Ski: After a day on the slopes, enjoy Breckenridge’s lively après-ski scene with a drink and live music at one of the many bars and restaurants in town.
What to do in Breckenridge when it’s warm outside?
Breckenridge is just as interesting in the summer as it is in the winter. Many skiers are sure to come here in the summer after the mountain season is over to enjoy the climate and mountain hiking. Here are a few activities that are sure to interest the traveler:
- White Water Rafting: Take an exhilarating whitewater rafting trip on the nearby Arkansas River, which offers rapids for beginners to advanced rafters. Rafting can range from mild and scenic, to extreme and dangerous, depending on the level of rapids and the skill level of the participants. Rafting trips are often led by trained guides who provide instruction on paddling techniques and safety measures.
2. Zip Lining: Soar through the treetops on a zip line tour and enjoy spectacular mountain views. Breckenridge is a scenic mountain town in Colorado that offers a variety of zip lining experiences for visitors to enjoy. The zip line courses in Breckenridge typically consist of multiple cables that are connected to platforms or towers located high up in the trees or on the mountain.
3. Golf: Amazingly, people go to Breckenridge even to play golf!
The Breckenridge Golf Club is a public golf course located in Breckenridge, Colorado, offering golfers an opportunity to play at high altitude while enjoying the stunning views of the Colorado Rockies. The course features 27 holes spread across three unique nines: the Bear, the Beaver, and the Elk.
The Bear nine is the original nine and is considered the most challenging of the three. It features narrow fairways, heavily wooded areas, and several water hazards. The Beaver nine is more forgiving and features wide fairways, fewer trees, and several lakes and streams. The Elk nine is the newest and is a combination of both the Bear and the Beaver nines, offering a balance of challenge and playability.
- Hiking: Breckenridge offers miles of hiking trails that wind through scenic mountains and forests. Popular trails include the Mohawk Lakes Trail and the Blue Lakes Trail. Contact special offices to arrange a tour with a guide. Be sure to bring comfortable shoes, hats, and plenty of drinking water. Stick to the designated routes and follow the advice of local guides.
- Biking: Take a ride on the paved bike path that connects Breckenridge to Frisco, or hit the mountain biking trails on nearby peaks. For those who prefer road biking, Breckenridge offers a variety of scenic routes that wind through the mountains and valleys. The town also hosts several annual cycling events, including the Breck Epic mountain bike race and the Breckenridge Pro Cycling Challenge.
Visitors should be prepared for changing weather conditions, as mountain weather can be unpredictable. It’s important to wear appropriate safety gear, bring plenty of water and snacks, and stay on designated trails.
- Outdoor Concerts: Breckenridge hosts several outdoor concerts and festivals, including the Breckenridge Music Festival and the Breckenridge Summer Beer Festival.
Outdoor concerts in Breckenridge are a popular way to enjoy live music. During the summer months, the town hosts several outdoor concert series that feature a variety of music genres, from rock and pop to jazz and classical.
One of the most popular outdoor concert series in Breckenridge is the Riverwalk Center Series, which features a lineup of nationally renowned artists and musicians.
In general, this unusual resort town continues to live its normal life, as long as tourists find their favorite things to do. Both children and adults will not be left out and surely everyone will find something to their liking.
How to get from Denver to Breckenridge is a question that is very desirable to find out in advance. Depending on the amount of luggage, time, and season, you will have a choice of public transportation, rental car, or private shuttle service.
Of course, one of the advantages of pre-booked transfers is the convenience of having a car and driver waiting for you near the airport.
Denver to Breckenridge car service offers a level of service that meets international standards. The drivers are always professionals who are very familiar with the local roads.
If you have a lot of stuff and passengers with you, it’s much more convenient to all get together as well. And of course one of the main advantages is time. You can also enjoy the local sights and plan your own route by taking the Denver to Breckenridge shuttle.